Below is a library of resources that I have bookmarked for designers and marketers. This list will continue to be updated.
- Vecteezy – free vector artwork
- Brands of the World – Looking for high quality files for the popular logos out there? This is a great library for vector logos, stock logos and stock images.
- Icons – free icons
- Dribble – see what style of illustrations are appealing to millenials
- Pexels – Free Stock Photos
- 17 Amazing Sites With Breathtaking Free Stock Photos
- Psychology of Colors – in Marketing and Branding on Entrepreneur.com
- Colour Lovers – identify unique color palettes
- Color Combination – cheat sheet
- Adobe Color CC
- Color Hexa – Find complementary, analogous and more colors.
- Adobe Kuler – Tool to help build color schemes.
- Color Theory by Smashing Magazine
- Color Resources – by Creative Bloq
- Choosing Color Themes – by Creative Bloq
- Pattern Glossary – Did you ever known the names of the common patterns you see out there?
- Subtle Patterns by Toptal
- The Pattern Library – Compilation of shared patterns
- Poster Composition – different types of layouts, examples and analysis
- Free Design Resources – Templates, Fonts, Images
- Canva Poster Templates – Inspiration and examples
- Font Squirrel
- Practice by Typekit
- Fonts In use – great way to see your favorite fonts in use
- Font Sizes – Hierarchy Scale for web & print
- 15 Fresh Font Combinations – by Visme
- The Ultimate Guide to Font Pairing – by Design School
- Typ.io – Typography, About Fonts, Complimentary & Inspiration
- Design Rules by Design School – layout rules
- 9 Tips of Better Typographic Hierarchy – by Design Shack
- Why ever design needs 3 Levels of Typographic Hierarchy – by Design School
- Matcherator – Can’t find a font? Try this tool by Font Spring.
- WhatTheFont – also has a font identification tool, as well as, as forum to help identify fonts.
- Font Pair – helps designers pair Google Fonts together.
- Resolution and Sizes for Large Format Printing – A cheat sheet (with chart) for image resolution and actual print sizes.
- How to Prepare Files for Output – large format printing details (resolution, viewing distance, file formats, etc.
- Viewing Distance vs Resolution Chart – for printing large format at far distances
- How to install Vinyl Decals to glass surface – Youtube video instructional.
- How to install Vinyl Decals to glass surface – step by step instructional.
- How to Remove Vinyl Decals – step by step instructions.
- Roberto Blake Youtube
- The Complete Circular Arc Calculator – need some help with math and geometry? If you are only given a radius and chord length, this tool may help you find the arc length and more.
- RGB vs CMYK – A short explanation of which to use.
- How to make dotted lines in Illustrator – Short instruction.
- Psychology of logo shapes – Learn more about the psychology of circles, squares and triangles and their use in logos.
- 3D Prototype Mock-Up – Using Illustrator’s 3D effect for creating mock-ups.
- Canon Settings and Features
- Ken Rockwell – Photography help from Ken. (I’m mostly interested in Canon tips)
- Photography Laws by Rocket Lawyer – Use of Likeness and Photo Release forms
- Brand Ambassador Programs – launch your brand with an ambassador program.
- Contacting Facebook
- Design Branding System – blog post by milesherndon.com
- Best Times to Post on Instagram – Best time to post is 5pm EST on Wednesdays. 2am and 5pm are the best times. More details and tools for best times of each day are available at the link.
- 11 ways clients can communicate better with designers – by Creative Bloq